anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Filters  (Read 7824 times)

Spaice

Filters
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:41:49 AM »
When using the filters, is it possible to select not equal to or not like to filter out unwanted aircraft or airlines, for example you might want to filter out all Easyjet aircraft and display everything else.  Or have I missed something?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Filters
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »
Spaice,

Just use the <> (not equal to) in the Quick Filter, like:

FlightID <> EZY*

Spaice

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:35:48 AM »
Thanks Allocator, should have worked that one out really, for some reason I was thinking !=

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »
Guys,
i need your help wiht this situation.

I have a local traffic, like helicopters and airplanes and they have contact with portuguese ATC so they appear in ATC radar screen, wright? ok.
So why dont appear on my RD screen?
I have helicopters passing for my house and nohting i see in RB.
Any idea?
Thx.
Regards

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
Hi MT

All air traffic will appear on "proper" ATC screens because "proper" ATC has its own radar to detect it! RB doesn't detect this at all. Most light aircraft and helicopters are like this, so they don't appear on RB.

Aircraft with "Mode S" have equipment to "squawk" a code along with the aircraft's altitude, so that ATC can tell which blip is which, and that will also be picked up by RB, so that the aircraft will appear in our lists. Many regional jets and turboprops, and many military aircraft have this

Only aircraft with extra ADS-B equipment broadcast their position, heading etc - RB picks that up so that they can be placed on the map.

Hope that explains it!

Rod
Rod

mt007

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »
Hy Rod,
But this aircrafts and helicopters have squawk codes.
Dont we can see this aircrafts in RB?
And is not possibel to Airnav make possible we can see all aircrafts?
Thx.

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »
Because squawk codes are issued by ATC for code callsign conversion of Secondary Surveillance Radar.  SSR is ONLY available to ATC, and not us.  We do not receive SSR with Radarbox - this rides on the back of primary radar and interrogates aircraft.  None of us could afford radar, for a start, let alone have access to all that it entails.  Radarbox intercepts ADS-B signals from aircraft, an entirlely different concept, an entirely different signal broadcast in an entirely different way, and is not compulsory equipment - which is why many don't have it.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

RodBearden

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 07:45:47 PM »
MT - just transmitting a Squawk code doesn't tell anybody the aircraft's position, only its identity and its altitude. RB puts those aircraft in the list, working out the aircraft type by matching the Mode S code in the databases.

RadarBox can't pick up position information from aircraft just fitted with Mode S because it's not being transmitted - only aircraft with ADS-B do that, so while they appear in the list, they can't appear on the map, because only "proper" ATC, with its radar,  knows where they are! (actually, with any luck, the pilots do too! :-))

Rod
Rod

mt007

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 07:52:27 PM »
Ok, thx guys.
Regards.

RodBearden

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:29 PM »
Hope all that made sense, MT!

AS DC says, ADS-B isn't compulsory, yet. There are moves to extend its use - it not only helps ATC ("ADS-B Out"), but other aircraft can also pick up the signals to use for collision avoidance ("ADS-B In").

Trouble is, it's apparently pretty expensive, but even so, more and more aircraft should be getting it, making RadarBox even more interesting as time goes by.

Rod
Rod

mt007

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
I hope so, Rod.
Thx.
Regards

Spaice

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
I have tried to use the quickfilter to filter out all Easyjet aircraft, however I get very strange results.  I selected Airline <> EASYJET and click on the Filter button.  Myflights then increases from 47 to 505 with no effect on filtering out the Easyjet aircraft, I then select Show All and myflight returns to displaying 47.  Has anybody else experianced similar issues?  or is there a workaround od some kind.

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
Spaice,

If you use this, it works OK

FlightID <> EZY*

Must be a bug regarding Airline <> EASYJET

Spaice

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »
Allocator,

I rtied your idea, but for some reason I get the same problem, it does look like some kind bug though.  I even tried putting the same filter selection for the network to match that of the myflights and had the same aircraft count on both the myflight and network tabs.

Allocator

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 07:45:51 PM »
Ah.....yes, I see what you mean.  Same problem here - gets rid of the Easyjet aircraft but puts everything into the MyFlights list.

Must be a bug!