anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Database Released  (Read 49020 times)

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
Re: New RadarBox Database Released
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »
I would like to thank one of our loyal followers for pointing out 2 errors that recently slipped in on Bombardiers and 1 on Challengers – all 3 have now been corrected.

With regard to PA28's, unfortunately, contrary to what I stated on my last post, they were in progress with the PA32’s - my mistake. This was down to a timing issue between when AirNav took the current NavData, and when it was released.  If you look carefully at the PA28’s there are probably a lot more errors than those that you have pointed out.  All PA28’s and PA32’s have now been standardized and will be in the next release.

If you would care to go through all other ICAO’s mentioned it would be very much appreciated. The four of us have a very difficult task and every little helps.

Thank you for your contribution.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

bratters

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 02:44:18 PM »

Perhaps the next version of the updater could ask us which tables we want to update.

Rod

Yes- good idea.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »
It's good to see all the good and bad feedback coming.

We will wait for a final report of the probems found to be made (in 2-3 days) so we can make all the requested changes and release a new database. Please keep the feedback and error reporting coming and we will work on improving the current data and release a new database.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
'Tell you what............make the changes required in 2-3 days,and then take another 2-3 days getting someone to test it thoroughly???

I really feel for those who've lost data, when on the face it appeared only the aircraft table was going to be overwritten?

If it takes more time to test it,I'll happily wait another week before doing anything more.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »
If you would care to go through all other ICAO’s mentioned it would be very much appreciated. The four of us have a very difficult task and every little helps.

I personally don't have the time to correct the 436 aircraft with invalid ICAO Type codes, but the list is attached is someone wants to work on this.

Runway 31

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
Thanks very much Tarbat for your efforts in providing the list its very much appreciated.  All the necessary changes have been made in the d/b.

No excuses, apologies all round. I have to stick my hands up for the Katanas, dont know how I managed to make them DA20's.  To many hours in front of the screen just like today I think.

Regards and thanks again.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »
Thanks very much Tarbat for your efforts in providing the list its very much appreciated.  All the necessary changes have been made in the d/b

Glad I could help in a small way.  Maybe there's more automated validations we could develop to ensure aircraft data consistency.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
glad to see there is good work being done on the DB, as i'm not using the silouettes and the strange airfield names don't bother me to much, i intend to keep this update till the "bugfix" comes out ( i hope in a couple of days )
anyway, big thank you to the DB team :-)

chewycanes

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »
Airnav
Alan on the 'Update posts' has had posts reffering to duplicate entries in explorer to which i have had the same since using the new databse.

I have edited in the past in explorer and mylog the 'small type' field as they were empty for small aircraft.

Since using the new database i have had 3 small aircraft detected that cause a duplicate entry in explorer database.

If you delete one of them then it dissapears for a while but then returns. I believe that if you delete the other it does seem to stay deleted. Hoewever i don't know what will happen if the aircraft is detected again.

Please investigate.

Brian

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:37:13 PM by chewycanes »

Runway 31

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »
Brian

Can you post me the hexes involved. I think we may know the reason.

Alan

chewycanes

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
Alan
The three are

A94217
3D0DE6
44052D

Hope it helps

Brian

Northern Watch

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 10:26:28 AM »
'Tell you what............make the changes required in 2-3 days,and then take another 2-3 days getting someone to test it thoroughly???

I really feel for those who've lost data, when on the face it appeared only the aircraft table was going to be overwritten?

If it takes more time to test it,I'll happily wait another week before doing anything more.

I concur with Mapleman.  Also can someone please give me an idea on how often these updates will be released as I take it that the idea is to virtually do away with manual updates to the DB via explorer?

Regards

Keith

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
Once the new version of RadarBox is released this will include updates in a better way which will allow updated to be pushed through.

The current system cannot cope with that and hence we are providing these updates for those who want to update there databases and those who do not use there boxes with internet access.

If you have done changes to your own database then this is not for you.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »
Once the new version of RadarBox is released this will include updates in a better way which will allow updated to be pushed through.

Whenis this likely to be though in all honesty???

There's still no explanation been given, other than the responses admirably given from the updaters (who evidently had no impact on the topic), as to why all non-aircraft data has suddenly gone pear-shaped??

Does this mean we're now in limbo for another couple of months?

The current system cannot cope with that and hence we are providing these updates for those who want to update there databases and those who do not use there boxes with internet access.

If you have done changes to your own database then this is not for you.

It may , in hindsight have been just a tad useful to have made this more apparent last Friday?

Hats off to the updaters in attempting to deal with all this - however , I think some serious overview is required here as to how this is to be taken forward constructively, to retain some integrity, and at least to give the forum community a better idea of where they stand with respect to deliverables?

I'd rather know that we're in for a month, two month, six month wait, and then achieve this, rather than pottering around in the dark, poking a stick at unknowns?

Regards

Rich

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Marpleman,

We apologise and do agree that should have highlighted to customers more clearly as well as the installer should have backed up the navdata that was currently being used.

Our initial thought was that this update was only going to be used by those who haven't changed details in there navdata and just wanted an update. Regarding to some of the none aircraft tables not having correct data will be rectified as soon as possible. This should happen within the next week or so.

As mentioned in other posts, RadarBox software will be high priority to all our developers as soon as ShipTrax software is signed off which is now just round the corner.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]