AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coverage Down?  (Read 7710 times)

Canonjohns40D

Re: Coverage Down?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »
Hi all my radarbox continues to have a reduced range of coverage. It was returned from W&S on 13 March 2011 the enclosed documentation stating that the front end saw filter had been replaced and a dry joint on L1 was resoldered and tested as ok.

I have had it running for 24/7 since it's return with very little improvement in coverage. My neighbour, who erected the aerial, has now checked the DPD; aerial it's seals are intact as is the cable running from it neither are showing any wear or tear. My supplied aerial which has only ever been used indoors is also showing reduced coverage when I attach it.

Can anyone shed any light on a cause or suggest next action please?

John

Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »
If you think its not working satisfactory, contact us and we will give you details on how to send it back and we will recheck it.

The boxes are QA when they are repaired but there could be another fault with yours or the delivery men have been playing footbal with the box :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Hi Support

My forum post was not intended as criticism indeed I have been very happy with this product since purchase.I went via the forum hoping someone might offer advice on a possible cause. I have made contact via the support email.

Regards

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
We know, we were just trying to help, if your antenna is fine then it probally sounds like the box isn't 100% right.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 10:04:41 PM »
Hi First thanks to support for their prompt response. The box is off tomorrow just to be sure to be sure.

Can anyone help regarding the aerial in as much as how have you protected yours from "the dreaded" static build up? I have mine earthed onto a ground rod dug into the garden. I had assumed this was suffcient if not overkill. Anyone offer advice or wish to comment please?

John
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:07:29 PM by Canonjohns40D »