AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.09 (non-beta) Ready  (Read 16741 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: V3.09 (non-beta) Ready
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:08 AM »
Rod: please explain in detail the spikey polar diagram problem.

Basically what we do is the following:
1- When a new lat/long is received if it is far away than 200 NM from the previous lat/long is is disregarded (maybe we should change this to a much lower value with the risk of losing some traffic).

2- Polar diagram maximum range is always 350 NM. Any data far away that that is ignored.

GlynH

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2009, 04:57:48 AM »
Well Dev you have nearly sorted the differences between the Map Menu & Quick Launch Area icons for me...I say nearly because I still see this strange behaviour when I click Hide Small Airports under the Aviation Signs Menu to enable it this change is not reflected via the Quick Launch Area Aviation Signs icon and vice-versa.

Strange then that Andy didn't see this behaviour at all...

I can report that the FTP upload now works without the 5-minute delay!

All I need now is a configurable FTP Upload time in Preferences/General to shorten the default 60sec upload and that part of it will be complete!

Great stuff...thanks.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:01:17 AM by GlynH »

GlynH

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2009, 06:09:03 AM »
Not really a bug...just an inconsistency...

Whenever I upgrade I seem to lose the contents of my SmartView or Fleetwatch List.

No big deal for me (I keep this in an Excel spreadsheet for such occurrences) just an annoyance as it appears to 'remember' all of my other preferences & settings including the airport selected for METAR & TAF weather data in the same tab if you like.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:52 AM »
Rod: please explain in detail the spikey polar diagram problem.

If you look at my screenshot on the previous page of this thread, you can see the problem.  I know for a fact that those huge spikes going all the way up to Scotland are incorrect.  This is a known problem that appeared in an earlier RB Beta version and was quickly fixed.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »
Hide Small Airports under the Aviation Signs Menu to enable it this change is not reflected via the Quick Launch Area Aviation Signs icon and vice-versa.

I can confirm this problem too.

All my other problems seem fixed.

I didn't get the Security warning when starting the new exe.
the FTP screenshot is real time.

I don't have any problems with the polar diagram. From memory, last time this occurred it was related to the real time network. I rarely use the network, and mine is the delayed network anyway. 

Did this start happening again when the 5 minute transition from local to network problem was fixed?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 08:51:59 PM »
Corrected: polar diagram problem (we can't reproduce it here, pls re-check);
Corrected: I still see this strange behaviour when I click Hide Small Airports;
Corrected: blind rectangle that some users in NZ/Australia have been experiencing;
Corrected: configurable FTP Upload time: changed to 30 secs but still no configuration/way to change this (we don't want to make major changes at this time).

If you use the total upgrade you will lose them. If you manually update the .exe and/or us the upgrade setup file you will not. This happens because file D006.dat is overwritten whena  full isntall is done.

New exe at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/31/anrb.exe

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 08:59:45 PM »
Corrected: blind rectangle that some users in NZ/Australia have been experiencing

mmm - interesting - this may affect me! (and I "was" wondering about some blind spots on my polar diagram......)

I'll check it out when I get home tonight, and let you know if I see any difference....

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »
A problem with this latest release - transition from local to real-time network is losing aircraft for many minutes again. Transition from network to local seems ok.

Recordings playing back OK now - don't yet know about the polar - need more time to let it evolve.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 09:37:03 PM »
"A problem with this latest release - transition from local to real-time network is losing aircraft for many minutes again. Transition from network to local seems ok."

Are the network timeout settings the same as the HW timeout settings?

RodBearden

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
No - I had Hardware settings of 20 and 5, and network of 40 and 10.

Aircraft are disappearing for 6 to 7 minutes, though. I've just reset the timings to 20/5 for both and will report back.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
With my new timeout settings I just lost a flight for 5 minutes as it passed from local to network.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 10:02:46 PM »
We will check this now.

RodBearden

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »
I don't know if you've heard from Airdata, but I've been looking at NZ, and just spotted a clue that you might not have fixed his problem.

If you look at the trail of ZK-OKC below, you'll see it starts at exactly the same place as his shaded rectangle ends in this post: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3452.msg33231#msg33231

Other trails in this screenshot are longer, implying that trails from ZK-OKC weren't being picked up.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
Don't think he is using 3.10 yet, don't see anyone connected from outside Europe using 3.10 at this time.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 11:26:03 PM »
Our support is 100% correct. This problem is not a server but a software problem. We'll have to wait for him to download V3.10.