AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: usb not recognised  (Read 1921 times)

AV61

usb not recognised
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »
HELP

I have unplugged my usb to move my laptop and now i have plugged it back in
I keep getting USB not recognised. I have tried using all 3 usb ports on the computer and same message each time I have tried rebooting the PC and still get the same message
the green light comes on on my radarbox when i plug the usb lead in but stll get the message

HELP please

thanks
Nick

Runway 31

Re: usb not recognised
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
It may well be the cable or the USB hub it is plugged into that is the cause of the proble.

Alan

AV61

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »
I have tried a pen drive in the usb port and that works ok and i have also tried a dfferent lead from the radarbox

nick

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »
I had the same problem and had to plug straight into the usb port on the computer instead of my hub, dont know if it was a power issue or what but have had no problems since doing away with the hub.

Alan

AV61

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 11:21:17 PM »
have just had a close examination of my usb lead and is has snapped where it goes into the usb connector
the replacement i am using has the same connector to go into the radarbox and a usb connector at the other end  but does not have the round thing that the cable that came with the radarbox has
does this mean i need a specific cable for the radarbox

nick

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
Take the cable to Maplins or similar type shop.  You will get one there.  Make sure it is a shielded one

Alan

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »
Hi Nick, as Alan says you can try Maplins qand other places, but please don't buy the cheapest lead that you come across.   You get what you pay for with cables etc., and the cheap leads tend to have extremely thin and the minimum of screening - the braided metal that is just under the outer skin of the lead.   Also the dearer leads tend to have more strands in each of the signal/power carrying wires, which makes them far more flexible and durable.   The round "thingumebob" is a ferrite interference suppressor.   Expect to pay £12 - 15 for a good quality lead.    HTH CGJon
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AV61

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 06:39:28 PM »
thanks for all your advice
nick