anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it possible that i receive some planes in delay?  (Read 6682 times)

Jordan

Is it possible that i receive some planes in delay?
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:22:56 PM »
sometimes when i go to the airport and im taking the box with me, it seems like with the 75 and 76 i receive them with delay..
even after the plane already passed over me and hes on the ground taxiing, I still see it on the radar as it still descends onto the rwy..
does it happen to anyone else?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Is it possible that i receive some planes in delay?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »
sometimes when i go to the airport and im taking the box with me, it seems like with the 75 and 76 i receive them with delay..
even after the plane already passed over me and hes on the ground taxiing, I still see it on the radar as it still descends onto the rwy..
does it happen to anyone else?

Are you connected to the network at the time ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Jordan

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »
Nope, and it doesnt matter since i dont have any user in my area...

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »
Totally impossible from ma technical point of view unless you are getting them from the network.

Jordan

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »
its with a laptop outside so it is impossible for it to be connected to the Internet.
what could it be then? maybe theres an option that is ticked by accident that  delayes it by something like 20-30 secs?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »
As mentioned there is nothing to delay it whatsoever on flights picked up by your antenna.

You mention in your first post "with the 75 and 76". I assume you mean 757s and 767s.

If that is the case a few older models of these send out data which is offset by a few miles due to INS drift. This can probally explain the confusion that your seeing.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

jango13

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 07:34:54 PM »
Jordan I am on live about 11 hrs a day sharing my network, but if you look on Active Locations I don't exist. I am just south east of Leeds, so there maybe more in your area.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »
its with a laptop outside so it is impossible for it to be connected to the Internet.
what could it be then? maybe theres an option that is ticked by accident that  delayes it by something like 20-30 secs?

I use a Mobile Broadband 3G USB modem, so I can be connected to the Internet almost anywhere :-)

As for the 'delayed' live traffic, not a chance, I sit and watch the traffic on the RB, then watch the Heathrow inbounds through the binoculars - 100% real time - fantastic!

jgrloit

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »
Jordan - are you using JUST the RB software, or are you using another program to display the output from the Ports?

The Port feeds, even for locally received traffic is delayed on the Beta Version.
For realtime display using the Port feeds you need to be using Version 2.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Jordan

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »
Jordan I am on live about 11 hrs a day sharing my network, but if you look on Active Locations I don't exist. I am just south east of Leeds, so there maybe more in your area.

Doesnt matter because im 100% not connected to the Internet, trust me...

I use a Mobile Broadband 3G USB modem, so I can be connected to the Internet almost anywhere :-)

As for the 'delayed' live traffic, not a chance, I sit and watch the traffic on the RB, then watch the Heathrow inbounds through the binoculars - 100% real time - fantastic!

I didnt say all aircraft are delayed, only the 757's and some 767's, the problem is not the offset which im femiliar with, its the fact that its actually delayed, after the plane passed over my head and touched down, i see it on the box at 400ft descedning.

Jordan - are you using JUST the RB software, or are you using another program to display the output from the Ports?

The Port feeds, even for locally received traffic is delayed on the Beta Version.
For realtime display using the Port feeds you need to be using Version 2.

Although Im prety sure it happend before I upgraded to V3 I will chwck that out next time.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 08:55:28 PM »
Jordan,

What airline are they?
[email protected]

Jordan

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 05:04:02 PM »
I actually think that all of them, but mostly ELY

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »
Jordan,

As you can see from the lack of responses from other customers agreeing with you this isn't case however when it comes to following certain security methods ELY has always been very different.

We haven't noticed any delays from ELY in Europe but it would be intresting to see whether maybe they do in other areas.
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »
We haven't noticed any delays from ELY in Europe but it would be intresting to see whether maybe they do in other areas.

It's hard to believe that El Al would go to the complication and cost of implementing a delay mechanism for ADS-B messages.

If they were concerned about the security of the Extended Squitter, they could simply turn it off.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
That is a fair point Dave.

[email protected]