AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Server Outage  (Read 6376 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Server Outage
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
Firstly we are extremely sorry for the Server outage which caused no data service across the weekend and earlier this week.

What Happened:

As some of you knew, we were moving to a new server as the old server was not functioning too well. Unfortuantely just before the move the old server failed which through us of guard and we then had to rush in getting the new server ready. This meant we had to have a long outage and slowly bring back services one by one.

Current Status:

The networks should be running fine. Any customers who purchased throughout this period and can't connect need to contact support (Please note support has large backlog but will get back to you asp)

Once  again apologies, hopefully now being on a new server which is quicker and further designed to cope with backups, issues we won't have this scenario again.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:36:34 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Server Outage
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
Welcome back guys!

We've missed you!

Rod
Rod

Hosch

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
I thought you were lost in space ;-)

Hosch

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »
Glad you're back!

A big vote of thanks should go to Kinetic and ML&S for hosting us so magnanimously over the last couple of days - may the co-operation continue.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Fenris

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »
Glad you're back!

A big vote of thanks should go to Kinetic and ML&S for hosting us so magnanimously over the last couple of days - may the co-operation continue.

I was going to say, we were so bereft, some of us even registered on that "other" forum!

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:51 PM »
One thing that os worth mentioning, a quick look at the screenshot forum shows that none of the screenshots are visible, and clicking on the links gives a 404.

Thought I'd mention it, I realise you're still working on things.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »
Similarly - I'm trying and failing to post some more logos - the forum software doesn't like attachments at the moment :-(

Rod
Rod

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 09:21:22 PM »
Have to agree with the others I'm glad you are back. It was weird during the outage I even had a conversation with the wife!!!
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »
We will look at the attachment issue soon, we will deal with other major issues first :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
Great, we're back in business!!!!!

I was getting tired of reading the Kinetic forum - a much nicer bunch here on the AirNav Forum :-)

Well done Support - a lot of midnight oil burned I'm sure!

tommyg

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 10:05:50 PM »
Changed my ISP last Friday and haven't been able to access any Airnav site since Sunday possibly due to security issues with my new firewall.
Cant help thinking about the timing of this outage especially since there was a big event in Washington on Tuesday with lots of major security issues, or maybe  have seen too many episodes of 24!!!
Tommyg

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »
Ah - the conspiracy theory!

I'd heard that there was a new RB user close to Area 51 and that the USAF had fitted the UFO with ADS-B, so they overloaded the Network whilst the test flights were on :-)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
Ah - the conspiracy theory!

I'd heard that there was a new RB user close to Area 51 and that the USAF had fitted the UFO with ADS-B, so they overloaded the Network whilst the test flights were on :-)

Mulder and Scully, where are you..................
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »
Funny I did wonder as well if the outage was related to security for the new President. Also we had several reports of UFOs over the same time, spooky ehhh??

Not really the UFOs have been identified in the local paper as Chinese wedding lanterns!! Still you can dream!!!!
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

robbieinderry

• http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 11:09:13 PM »
Welcome back guys!

We've missed you!

Rod
missed you .
same here, as i have to get outdoor aerial soon.
but was up a hill today got aircraft 250 miles away,it was only a small hill
with small aerial wait till the big hill.
all the best boys at AirNav Support
from robbie
The name is robbie.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/derryradiogroup/
Radio is hobby and one that can bring hours of enjoyment, build friendships and provide an escape from the trials of everyday life.