AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What exactly is network flights?  (Read 4361 times)

Southwest

What exactly is network flights?
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »
As a little experiment last night, I called my mate in the Midlands to put his radarbox on for me to see if my 'network' coverage would show more aircraft in his area.

There were at least 3 flights being picked up by his aerial that were not showing in my network list or on the map.

Is this normal?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: What exactly is network flights?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:31:14 AM »
Were these ADS/B equipped aircraft?  Did they appear on his map, or just in his aircraft list?  Non-ADS/B aircraft are not shared on the network.

Southwest

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:44:43 AM »
They showed on his map for sure because that's how we knew they were there.  2 were Ryanair and one was an Easyjet....I think that's right.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:47:20 AM »
Have a read of this post

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4599.0

It may be related to what you saw.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:13 AM »
They showed on his map for sure because that's how we knew they were there.  2 were Ryanair and one was an Easyjet....I think that's right.

Are you sure that there was no possibility that those flights might have been in your local flights (i.e. being picked up by your own box as well) ?

If not, then it would point to a problem with either your mate uploading or your network download if they didn't appear in your Network Flights. Could he have inadvertently unticked the "Share Flight Data" in Preferences ?

Edit:  Having though about it more, ignore that last suggestion - if your mate is in the Midlands then even if he wasn't sharing there would almost certainly have been other users in the area uploading the same aircraft.  Very strange.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:20:37 AM by DaveReid »
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Southwest

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 02:19:32 PM »
I would have thought that if it was on his screen and in his list, it should appear on mine too!!

Anyone else want to try this with another radarbox user?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 02:49:31 PM »
I would have thought that if it was on his screen and in his list, it should appear on mine too!!

Anyone else want to try this with another radarbox user?

I'd be happy to help out if I can, although the results might not be conclusive as my RadarBox range is limited due to aerial position and there are other sharers in the area uploading traffic too.

But I could set up email alerts to you for my local traffic, which you could then use to compare with what you're seeing on the network.  While of course that wouldn't prove that everything I was uploading was getting on to the network (since the same aircraft could be coming from other sharers), if you had an alert for something I had on my screen that you couldn't see on the network, then that would point to something wrong.

PM me if you want to try that.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Southwest

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »
Dave

Have sent you a PM