AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes  (Read 6377 times)

FFM

Routes
« on: November 25, 2007, 10:09:26 AM »
Hello RB-Team,

I am wondering, how the flight routes (departure and destination codes of the airports) are updated.
Currently I do see on some flights the departure and destination under the aircraft symbol while I do not see the route information on others...

I don't think this is done automatically, is it?

Kind Regards,
FFM

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Routes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »
Hi FFM,

The Flight routes are held in a database which you can access yourself by going to the Database Explorer under File in the menu.

Already this has 123,000 routes stored in the system which is extremely large however we can't get all of them as you have seen.

Keeping an system where routes are updated is a impossible task. Therefore we have kept it static for the moment and allowed the customer to update it. We hope to make this database easier to edit and add to future versions so updated/better database can be passed around.

Hope that answers your questions.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

FFM

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
Yes. Thank you.
Do you know a good source of routes (which I can access to update the RB data base manually)?

FFM

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
Sorry, as mentioned routes are very hard to find a good source. It all depends on which location you are looking for and whether its commerical, charter etc..
[email protected]

viw

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:11 PM »

Keeping an system where routes are updated is a impossible task. Therefore we have kept it static for the moment and allowed the customer to update it.

Hello Support,
is it possible to add new flights/routes manually into the database?
And if so how can I do that?

Thanks, Gerald

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »
The Flight routes are held in a database which you can access yourself by going to the Database Explorer under File in the menu.

Once you select the routes database, then click the + button to add a route.

Hope that helps.
[email protected]

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
Hi support,
i have change a route of one flight: AEA7220, he appears in my map From GCTS-LEAS.
So i have cange to LEAS-GCTS but in map dont appear that change, continue the same old route, why?
Any idea?
I have change in Databse Explorer.
Thx.
Regards
Miguel
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:24:06 PM by mt007 »

Deadcalm

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:30:02 AM »
I'd be interested in an answer to this one, too.  I had a recent issue with the database, finding it very difficult to change or add new flights and getting them to stick.  I managed to add one (RYR98RF - a regular flight, EGGP - LFBL) with its route, but when the aircraft showed up on the map, no route was displayed, as usual.  I also asked in the thread about route displays in v1.6 whether the proposed new database would include alphanumeric callsigns, but didn't get an answer.  Maybe Airnav could kill two birds with one stone and give answers to both questions?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »
I think the position is that there are bug(s) in the way routes work, and this is being looked at for v1.6.

Deadcalm, I've got alphanumeric callsigns in my routes table.  I add approx. 100 new routes to the database each day, including many Easyjet alphanumeric callsigns:

These then appear okay in Radarbox:

However, I use SQLite Maestro to add these routes, so maybe closing RB and then re-opening it may make your new routes appear.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:10:01 AM by tarbat »

Deadcalm

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »
Hello, Tarbat - blimey, how do you achieve that?  It took ages for me to get just one in, after Allocator talked me through the procedure, and even then it took several attempts before it was saved.  As I said earlier, this was RYR98RF, EGGP - LFBL.   It's still in the database, but right at the bottom, with a "pink" empty line of fields above it.  Should it automatically shuffle itself alphabetically into the right position?  Anyway, on each occasion that RYR98RF has appeared on the map, the route is still not shown, so I haven't a lot of confidence in the database...

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 01:14:43 PM »
Hi - I've given up updating routes as I'm hoping that the autoupdate for routes will be coming our way soon - save a lot of bother!

www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1087

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
DC, that's why I use SQLite Maestro!!   I found using the Database Explorer in Radarbox to do updates fiddly and unreliable.

I now have an automated process for route updates, that uses Planeplotter to read the port output from RB, and FD6 reading the flights in Planeplotter.  FD6 looks up routes from flytecomm.com, flightstats.com, and flightaware.com.  Then once a day I export the routes from FD6, and import them into the RB routes database.

I think a pink line indicates a locked record.  You can't update a row if RB itself still has a lock on that record (I think!!!).  That's why I find it easier to shut-down Radarbox, and apply route updates with another SQLite database tool.  A good FREE database browser is http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:19:27 PM by tarbat »